Category Archives: Meeting Minutes

ET November 30 2018, Meeting Minutes

Location: Lee’s House, thanks for hosting sir!

Date: November 30th, 2018


Welcome to bottle auction 2018 edition everyone.


Thanks to Lee

House Rules, no smoking indoors


Taster: Collectivum XXVIII (28)

Whiskey Blend of the 28 distilleries of Diageo, a bit of each distillery blended into a fantastic dram

57.3% ABV



Jameson’s bailed again, gave us a bottle of Caskmates (26er) which was opened and shared will all present club members.


Dates coming up December 15th christmas themed pub crawl, ugly sweaters uptown waterloo

Nick volunteered for pre drink place., maybe around 7


Anniversary meeting Saturday January 26th – Finalize Location


Vote on type of party.

Tied 7 and 7, do in meeting vote, traditional anniversary. 10 votes.  Will be a traditional anniversary party.


Nominations for new E-Board — Treasurer, President and Special events/Club ambassador.


January 19th at Noon deadline to run, Mark to re-run for president, ambassador position explained, see mark notes…


Treasurer update —   see tom


Shirts have been sized and ordered. Will have for anniversary, bowling style will optimized branding, old traditional logo


Lotto update — see Tom, Tom will continue to post on the wire


Auction talk, two rounds preference.

Josh and Chad to run Auction


Tom recorded purchases, which was sent out to the club.

All auction dues owed by January 1st


Open floor —

Rico mentioned is a person brings a bottle back from overseas they have first right to buy back from the club at remaining  value of bottle.


Passed 15 votes.


Meeting done


On a sad note Chad mentioned the Glenfiddich ambassador Colin suddenly passed away. Raised a glass in his memory.


Lee name tag for glass ?

Expensive Taste July 25, 2018 Meeting Minutes

Expensive Taste July 25, 2018 Meeting Minutes


Host: Michael Bridgman


Attendence: Absent, Chad, Josh C, Paul, Dan, Rico, Raf


Tasters :

Ardbeg Grooves and Octomore 8.1

Tamara to review the Ardbeg, Mark B to Review Octomore?


August Meeting and Cook Off


Meeting and cook off to be held on Sat, August 25 at Ryan’s House 2752 Kressler Road, Heidelberg.

Teams are as follows — Team 1 –  Tamara, Mark B, Frank

                                     Team 2 – Brad, Adam, Mike, luke

                                     Team 3 – Derek, Ryan, Lee

                                     Team 4 – Chad, Tom, Nick, Josh C


The cook off is the best BBQ sandwich and needs to be served on some kind of bread product, The meeting will take place at 1pm and the judging will start at 4 or 5 pm to be determined at meeting prior. Each team will receive $40.00 at the meeting to reimburse for some of their teams cost.

If people like they are welcome to pitch tents in Ryans back yard and spend the night.


September Meeting

September meeting will be held at Luke Moffatt’s house. It will be a taster night brought to us from Jamesons Irish Whiskey

Ti-Cats Game Update September 15th, 2018


The club will subsidize $600 for bus, we had 13 members interested.  Members will have transportation covered.  Open to non members to go, we would look at $20 bus donation for non members we need 20 people for the group rate deal, please advise immediately, will be sending out a special email invite this week.

Gonna try and get bus early for tailgate., 1pm departure time for Hamilton, game time 4pm to allow ample time for tailgate/lunch. Mark to check into bus.


Treasurer Report

Will attach a separate document to be sent to membership email list directly


Lotto update

In July we won $20 plus a free play on Lotto Max, that will be re-ivested, ongoing play from March is 1 free play for 649; June we have $20 and a free play from Lotto Max, also will be re-invested


60’s trial run:  

We had 6 members pay increased dues of $30 each…(we had additional $60 of dues), we did finish 1 full 60, we have on hand in inventory 1 additional full 60.


Paintball October 13th Update:

Ryan, Tom S, Josh B have paid for paintball. That leaves $140 left from the deposit to come back to the club. Spots for members will be held till after the august meeting. After the meeting Ryan will be paying remainder of deposit and opening up the spots to non members.    


Still to bring food for the year is Adam, Dan A, Lee, Mark B, Mark C, Nick, Paul and Raf.  No food needed for August cook off but September we have Jameson’s coming so it will be a good opportunity to get on it.


June 29, 2018 Meeting Minutes

Host Tamara Maurer

  • Taster Signatory Vintages Port Dundas 1991 26 Year Old Cask Strength 58% Bottle # 34 of 236, Tamara to review
  • Prospect introduced Lee Snetsinger, welcome good sir!
  • Changes to E-board, going forward for the remainder of the year Tom Suliman will be the treasurer and Josh will assume roll of special events, both Josh and Toms positions are up for renewal in January.
  • Tom spoke of sending out spreadsheets going forward with financials, there will be one attached to these notes
  • Opening treasurer report $2084, dues in $330, Ryan’s paintball 20$, taster cost 262, raffle bottle 33$.
  • Frank asked to see comparable from month to month
  • Frank re-joined the club, welcome back sir
  • Ryan talked about the golf tourney and tee times to be sent out later in week.
  • Tom talked about lotto and getting permanent list together
  • It was brought to the club on getting rid of the prospect sticker. Club voted to remove rule
  • Josh informed the club that there is no box for the ti-cats game, Chad to check into tickets, and Adam said he would check with his brother in-law about a bus.
  • Josh has lined up a Jameson’s tasting, it was suggested to have a meeting before the tasting this time. Starting at 7;00pm then the tasting at 9pm
  • August 26th there we bill a cook-off to take place at Ryan’s house in Heidelberg, Best BBQ sandwich is the challenge.
  • Next meeting to take place at Bridgman’s house on July 27th
  • On food next month Mike, Mark, Frank
  • A two tiered dues system is being tried. If you wanna drink 60s it will cost you 30$, if not it will cost 20$. Members to let eboard know if they will be drinking 60s. 1 bottle for every five people
  • Bridgeman, Luke, Tamara and Lee said they want to drink sixty next meeting